David Peterson / General
Church; Holy Spirit; Resurrection; Easter / John 20:19–31
1. He Lives! But what does it mean?
I. He Lives! And there is Peace! (John 20:19, 21, 26)
1. The events of the past week.
2. Their failure.
II. He Lives! And there is Power! (John 20:22)
1. It’s in the encounter with Christ that the Spirit is given.
2. Faith causes us to be united to Christ and in him we are given the Spirit.
III. He Lives! And there is Purpose! (John 20:21b, 23)
1. We are sent in the same manner as Jesus
2. We proclaim and embody the forgiveness of sins, unconditionally love
Oh love that will not let me go
I rest my weary soul in thee
I give thee back the life I owe
That in thine ocean depths its flow
May richer, fuller be