Audio & Video Equipment Technician
Job Title: Audio & Video Equipment Technician
Reports To: Church Council, Pastor
Position Status: Part Time
Purpose: The Audio & Video Equipment Technician is responsible for setting up, installing, operating, testing and troubleshooting audio and video equipment. Also, produce the best possible atmosphere for worship through video and sound reinforcement. This includes but is not limited to, creating the best livestream experience, providing audio support to the pastor and music leaders and supporting the video/audio needs of the people involved with the church service. Ultimately, glorify God through providing excellent video and audio services.
• Set up for musicians and install equipment such as microphones, sound speakers, video screens, projectors, video monitors, recording equipment, connecting wires and cables, sound and mixing boards for events and functions such as church service, weddings, meetings, etc.
• Set up and operate video and sound equipment.
• Create MIDI files for praise team worship music and setup files into equipment.
• Work with any guest presenters or singers to make sure all media needed is in proper format or any audio equipment needed is available.
• Create worship service Propresenter Set Tray for 10 AM and 11:30 AM services.
• Attend Praise team rehearsal. Normal rehearsal is Saturday morning.
• Perform proper video and audio check.
• Test and resolve equipment issues.
• Diagnose and correct media system problems. Communicate with Pastor and/or church council for any resource needs.
• Check with praise team lead and pastor for any changes in service formats.
• Responsible for adjusting sound levels during service as needed.
• Responsible for starting livestream and operating all components of video operation for 10 and 11:30 services.
• Responsible for recording the service and copy to DVDs or thumb drives for distribution.
• Responsible for giving and taking schedule cues.
• Responsible for providing a distraction-free service as it relates to video and audio production.
• Determine filming sequences and camera movements.
• Return media to individuals (Backing CD to soloist, DVD to visiting, missionary, etc.)
• Talk with the worship team to find out if issues existed for them during service.
• Note any broken/faulty equipment and take it out of service if possible.
• Notify Council of any equipment in need of repairs as needed or required.
• Clean audio and video equipment and store properly.
• Process audio recording and post to website.
• Make copies of 10 AM service for distribution to shut ins.
- Services are held weekly on Sundays with normal worship requiring Audio Video support at the 10:00am and 11:30 am services.
- Special services are held during the year (Christmas, Easter, etc) that will require additional support.
- In addition, there will be scheduled times during the year whereby the services will be combined and thus only one service will need support.
- Video/special music support for Weddings, etc will be supplemental to planned church events and compensated in addition.
- All special services and combined services will be mostly known ahead of time and will be part of the church calendar posted in the office.
- Manage coverage schedule for all services requiring Audio/Visual/Livestream support. Coordinate with Pastor, Praise Team Lead, and approved trained backup resources.
Qualifications and Technical Skills Required:
- A heart for worshipping God.
- Able to work in team settings and take and give directions.
- Either has experience mixing audio successfully in the live environment or are willing to attend training and work alongside a mentor.
- Familiarity with or ability to learn software systems including Facebook, presentation software, browsers, basic computer operating systems, etc.
- Have good communication skills.
- Ability to think quickly and react/trouble shoot properly in high stress situations.
- Willing to attend and conduct training sessions and read/watch other training material for improving existing skills.
Expected average hours per week: 10
Salary: up to $18/hr depending on experience