Cancellations for the month of October:
- Senior Center
- Women’s Guild Meeting
- The start of Sunday School and Jr Church have been postponed until later in the fall.
Social Distancing Protocol at Salem during Reopening
As we reopen our doors for regular church services, federal guidelines have encouraged we put in place a social distancing protocol. We expect everyone will use good judgement and will not attend if they are not feeling well or have any symptoms. We also encourage anyone who is not quite ready to gather with a group, to stay at home and continue to watch the service on Facebook LiveStream or whenever it is most convenient for them to watch the service on Facebook or our website. If you are ready to rejoin the congregation, we will ask everyone attending to:
- Sit in marked family seats (for anyone currently living together during the shelter in place).
- Sit in marked social distance seating which will be the required distance apart.
- We will continue to not shake hands or hug during the greeting times.
- We will have offering plates and when applicable prepackaged communion available at the entry doors for everyone to place their offering and pick up communion so that we can minimize any risk of passing any diseases through the passing of plates.
- We also encourage anyone who has a mask to wear your mask to church if you feel comfortable doing so.
- We will also have hand sanitizer available as long as supplies are available, and deep cleaning is occurring after services.
We will not reconvene Sunday School (including the adult class) and Junior Church, and the choir will not be singing at the 10 AM service until the fall due to social distancing guidance. Nursery may reconvene earlier if social distance guidance are lifted since it is typically available during the summer months.
We are so glad to be worshipping together again, and as usual are wanting to make this as safe as possible. Thanks again for your patience during these difficult times and for your faithfulness.
Elaine Daniels, Salem Church Council President