Would you like a job that could make the biggest impact of someone’s life?
We have the perfect position open at our church to do just that:
Position: Youth Director
Where: Salem Church of Darmstadt (non- denominational church)
When: Part Time
Salary: $600 - $800 per month
supports the congregation of Salem Church of Darmstadt in their efforts to
develop, through programming and coordination of youth (ages 12-18)
The Director of Youth will work with the Pastor, Elders, heads of the Board of Christian Education, and Outreach committees’ to support congregation and groups of Salem to help youth with their practical understanding and application of Christianity, and to coordinate youth programs. The Director will serve as a resource for the formation of Christian programs for youth. The Director will report directly to the Pastor.
Typical Duties and
1. Develop, implement and facilitate a variety of educational and events for youth but not limited to:
per month meetings with activity, game, snack, and closing devotion ·
to three excursions per year (i.e. ski trip, white water rafting, and lock in),
youth Christmas party ·
raiser Easter breakfast
2. Assist the congregation in organizing, developing and sustaining programs for groups of people in the youth including but not limited to a haunted house for the Board of Christian education sponsored Halloween party, work with the youth to fulfill their church ushering duties
3. Establish, maintain and nurture ongoing relationships with the youth in the congregation.
4. Create and lead regional youth events. Work in collaboration with lay leaders, to support the congregation’s youth leaders, bring youth together in larger groups, provide faith enrichment opportunities, and support the development of young people as disciples of Jesus.
5. Teach Sr. High School Class (7-12th grade) and familiarize self with diverse curricula, resources, new materials, training programs, mission opportunities, and conferences in order to make recommendations to the Pastor.
6. Identify and develop leaders for youth Christian programs in the church.
7. Coordinate the youth leaders to help them communicate and collaborate for training, support, community building, and sharing of resources.
8. Provide direct support of youth including the coordination of Mission/Outreach activities, and team building activities.
9. Maintain regular contact and the sharing of resources and information in a collaborative way with the Pastor and lay leadership at least monthly.
10. Provide announcements to the church secretary for upcoming events and activities that are hosted by Salem as well as other local youth activities for inclusion in church communications
11. Salem Church of Darmstadt is a “Safe Church”; candidates must adhere to all safe church policies
1. Familiarity with recent approaches to youth programming preferred.
2. Strong communication skills, including online and social media skills.
3. Strong bible based Christian beliefs.
5. Ability to initiate and
execute plans individually as well as being able to be part of a team.
6. Demonstrated leadership and administrative skills.
7. Demonstrated ability to work collegially with clergy and laity.
8. Candidates must submit to a background check and employment is contingent on a satisfactory completion of the Safe Church requirements.
9. Possesses a valid driver’s license and has reliable transportation
Other certificate programs or training in Christian formation or youth programming is a plus.
Minimum of three years in a youth leadership role at the congregational or similar level. (preferred)
Position is open to lay persons